The communications intern assists in all aspects of the communications department, including briefing staff on daily news; organizing and distributing campaign news and clips; compiling and maintaining press lists; and assisting with drafting of press materials and communications research. The communications intern works closely with the Communications Assistant.
- Prepare daily press clips from national and local news outlets for the organization and campaigns;
- Assist with drafting of press materials like releases, advisories, weekly news roundups and communications research;
- Assist with creating communications materials for conferences and other organizational events;
- Work with communications department to create and maintain press lists;
- Provide general staff support to the communications department;
- Research new outlets, reporters, podcasts, and other media sources;
- Provide organizational support as requested or necessary.
Candidates fluent in Spanish are strongly encouraged to apply.