Independent Expenditures Intern
Department: WOMEN VOTE!
WOMEN VOTE! is the voter mobilization arm of EMILY’s List. The department conducts independent expenditure campaigns to educate women voters through TV, radio and online advertising, as well as direct mail and personal voter contact. The WOMEN VOTE! intern’s primary responsibility is to support the research efforts of the WOMEN VOTE! department as outlined below. In addition, interns are offered the opportunity to be exposed to other organization activities as requested or necessary.
• Assisting in the preparation of research memos on EMILY’s List candidates and opponents;
• Tracking relevant news articles and all public communications from targeted campaigns, including press releases, e-mails, TV and radio ads;
• Monitoring and compiling all public polling in EMILY’s List races;
• Researching voting rules, regulations and timelines in key states;
• Providing general administrative support to the WOMEN VOTE! department.