Research interns are responsible for assisting the Research Team with long-term and immediate research projects, both for internal use and for the benefit of EMILY’s List candidates and campaigns. Research interns will receive training on political research methods and will continue developing those research skills over the course of the semester. Frequent projects include background research on candidates, preparing memos on state issues, and tracking legislation.
- Prepare candidate and opponent background research memos
- Write state-specific issue memos
- Assist in fulfilling information requests from other EMILY's List departments
- Retrieve reports including FEC filings as well as news clips on a regular basis and as necessary
- Work with the research team to maintain and update research files and archives
- Provide organizational support as requested or necessary